Thursday, May 17, 2012

Goobers and GREAT News




As we've discussed, I recently refinanced my mortgage.  Since then, the old mortgage company has sent me no less than 4 letters- "this is your proof of pay off", blahbity-blah, etc.  Another came on Monday and I thought to myself "Good LORD, why do you continue to send me crap?!

Then I opened it up.  And it was a check.  A escrow refund check.

Best.
Day.
Ever.

So I put it all way, in a boring, responsible way.  Because I have to pay for things.  Like Brady's preschool tuition.  That's right.  Tuition for preschool.

But I decided to buy myself ONE thing with my surprise money, and that thing was... a TENT!
I love camping.  It's been a few years since I've been, but I can't wait to take Brady.  When I was a kid, we went camping for a few weeks every summer.

One of my fondest memories was camping in one of the Yogi Bear Parks.  And it rained.  And rained.  And flippin' rained.  The whole week.  This was before we had the camper, and there was water in the tent.

And we made Goober and Grape sandwiches which, if you're blissfully unaware of such a disgusting creation, is a spread containing both peanut butter and jelly.

And it was gross.
And this is what Brady has to look forward to in our new tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment